Physiotherapy or physical therapy is a procedure performed to examine, treat, and evaluate patients who have limited movement and body function. Physiotherapy is also used to prevent physical disability, as well as reduce the risk of injury and movement disorders that may occur in the future. Visit physiotherapy clinic Singapore to get the best physiotherapy for you.
In undergoing physiotherapy, the patient will be assisted by a physiotherapist, who is an expert in applying the principles and practice of physical therapy. Physiotherapy can be done to patients of all ages, from children to the elderly. Athletes are one of the most common groups requiring physiotherapy to recover their body condition.
Doctors will consider physiotherapy for patients who experience pain and limited body movement. Recommended conditions for physiotherapy include the following:
– Spine disorders. This disorder can cause complaints of neck pain, shoulder pain, or back pain.
– Arthritis. Inflammation of one or more parts of the joint that has a major symptom of pain and stiffness in the joint, and can become more severe with age.
– After amputation. Amputation is the loss of certain body parts due to an illness or injury, either planned by surgery or spontaneously disappearing (auto amputation).
– Carpal tunnel syndrome. Conditions that cause pain, numbness, and tingling sensations in the hands and wrists.
– Injury while exercising.
– Post fracture.
– Impaired brain function and nervous systems, such as stroke, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease.
– Heart disorders and blood circulation.
– Impaired lung and respiratory systems, such as cystic fibrosis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
It is important to understand that each patient’s response to physiotherapy varies. This is strongly influenced by the different body shapes, patterns of movement, and behavior patterns of each patient. Patients are encouraged to notify doctors of medicines, including supplements and herbal products, that are being consumed.